Sunday, December 14, 2008

10 Year Dream-Come-True!

Relief! I'm all back together, with a new sink, countertop and dishwasher! Yay! I did not have a nervous breakdown, and I also got my Visa paperwork finished and SENT to Haiti.



I also got two new electrical outlets. I realized I am going to have to repaint my cabinets, at least on the face, because boy oh boy, that Whirlpool is white-white. But that's OK, it's time anyway. I'm also going to put the doors back on my upper cupboards. Not tonight though! I spent the day cleaning out all the cabinets and separating into Throw-Away (alot of that!) Goodwill, E-Bay, Keeper. So right now the inside is super clean and organized, even my kitchen junk drawer!

The guys really did a great job, and got most of it done in one day. F came back this morning and detailed it out.

It's really awesome to finally see this dream realized!

4 comments:

This Mama said...

Looks great - really great....and I love your tiles on the floor too, those are my fav. The sink is beautiful! It must feel great to have a nice new kitchen :)

Thanks for the comments you left on my blog re:the photos & Rob's visit.
Your right, I am not sure how you can visit and not get it. Area you planning on going again - did you decide?

Take care,
Mandy

Marta said...

Thanks MB, I am thrilled. And I am still in love with the floor, it really holds up and cleans up well.

About going back...yes, going back... it appears we are somewhat close to pick up! So, it could be a month, or we could get a monkey wrench thrown in there and it could be longer. This is what is making me so crazy right now!

Sarah said...

Oooo, I love the remake! The colors you chose are my favorite. Congrats on getting it all done before the holiday :)

Janet said...

Makeover looks great!

daily scripture