Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family Night


N is home until the 26th. I have not seen a whole of him and he has been busy catching up with his old friends as well as his dad and that side of the family. Last night the entire clan got together for dinner. I would have never imagined that we would be able to do that kind of thing and have it be enjoyable and no big deal, but that's the way it is. The little girl in the picture is PG and Em's (X and his wife's) little girl. She loves her brothers, and she thinks I'm OK, so she insisted on being in the picture. She turned 3 in October and wears the same size as my little birthday girl, who turned either 6 or 7 yesterday, according whether you believe the birth certificate or not.
Also, its freezing outside, but LG doesn't mind the cold at all. He as always been one tough kid. N is very thin and he gets cold. He has been a vegetarian for years, even a vegan for the last 2-3 years, but he finally gave it up this year. While I am proud of him for his convictions, I am not-so-secretly happy he is done with that, for a multitude of reasons. Hopefully he will put a little weight on. Anyway, the boys are very different in that N is pretty avaunt guard and loves to be edgy, and LG is very traditional and wants to join the military when he gets out of school. (I told him college first, and ROTC, so he can enter as an officer) That is just how they are.
I am trying still to talk N into going to school, and he is thinking about it. He really is only interested in Art, and I totally support that. He is good at it, and has alot of interesting ideas. I would like to see him take his talent and expand it at University. He loves living in San Francisco. I used to love the city life, but as I got older, I relished my country roots, and so that is what I have returned to, and I am happy with that. It will be interesting to see what happens with him, I don't expect him to get out of the urban life for quite awhile. Today I still have shopping to do. He asked me to take him so he can go get a new tattoo. LOL. Tomorrow we are painting the girl's room. Yes, on Christmas Eve. I'm taking advantage of him being home!!!







1 comment:

Not Betty Crocker said...

We're also painting tomorrow-trying to take advantage of my time off and be productive. I'll be thinking of you.

Enjoy your boy while he's home.

Loved the pictures of the girls-christmas at the creche. So pretty, those two.

daily scripture