Friday, December 26, 2008

Traditions



As I was going thru the busy whirlwind of the last several days I spent alot of time thinking about traditions, and wondering what other families do. Every year is a little different, but some things are enduring. Here are a few of ours.

New Jammies on Christmas Eve


Giving and receiving (!) handmade gifts
(For more of this, go here)


Christmas table settings



Recycling
Seriously, I recycle all those fancy gift bags we get every year.
Is this tacky? Please say no.


Being from California, this is a must with dinner.




We usually go to a movie



We often go to world's busiest airport on December 26, someone is always traveling!
This time, we had to say good-bye again to our oldest
(I believe he was ready too. Enough of this family time!)


Perhaps next year we will have new tradition to put into place!

(I'm proud of her, last year she was not old enough, but that girl can dance!)



(New) Traditional posting of Haitian beauties!


What about you? What are your family traditions for the holidays? I would love to hear about them, don't be shy!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I see the kids did another dance routine this year, so cute!

I also see that movie tickets in your neck of the woods are way cheaper than up here in the tundra!! I think we pay something absurd like $12 per ticket....

Jennifer said...

oh, yes, bring on that Martinelli!

Sarah said...

No fear--it is certainly not tacky to recycle those giftbags each year! Although it is tacky to use an Eastear bag on Halloween or a Christmas bag on a birthday (which my husband is guilty of).

Love the new Jammies traditions--we do that too. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!

daily scripture