Thursday, April 16, 2009

Awwww.....

I received an email today from a woman that visited the creche last week. She met my older daughter, and here is what she had to say:

"What happened in fact is that I was waiting for M at ***. We had an appointment. M. was very late, and nobody seemed to know that we had an appointment, so I just sat there with my driver (Haitian) and we started to talk with the little ones who were not at school. Then M showed up and while she was taking care of some urgent issues, W. came right up to me (they had come in together, just back from the embassy as M. told me later) and she gave me a kiss and smiled. So I asked her in creole what her name was and she told me W******. So because I read the forum I knew she was your kid. So there she was, standing right in front of me (I was sitting in the waiting room) and she was holding both of my hands and she asked me if I knew her mother. I asked who her mom was, and she said "Marta. Do you know her ?" and she had those stars in her eyes! It was very difficult for me to explain that I didn't know you personnally but I knew who you were, and I was soooo sorry to disappoint her by saying that I didn't know you first-hand. But she understood quite well, and she then said that you were going to pick her up and take her "lotbodlo" (abroad) and she was so happy about that. So I asked her if she knew which country she was going to, and I named the USA, France and Canada and she said USA with no hesitation, she knew exactly where she was going, and was just so, so, so mature about it all. I asked if she knew when she was going and she said no, it all depends on the paperwork, and it seemed ok with her. She insisted to know how you were, if I had anyway of knowing, and I said "I know she is well." And then as she was looking deep into my eyes I said : "You must love her a whole lot, don't you ?" and you should have seen that look she had : her eyes were shining, she was all smiles, I could tell this little girl really loves you and you are her mother, it was just so clear. A gift, really. I feel priviledged to have had that talk with her, it was very inspiring. And for me who wants to adopt 2 older kids, it just confirmed that I am doing the right thing.

On another note, I also asked her if she had siblings, as I seemed to remember that she had a sister at ***, but I wasn't 100% sure. And believe it or not, she started naming a whole lot of people, I stopped counting at perhaps 8 or 9, and M. arrived right at that moment and asked her: those are all your brothers and sisters ? And she laughed deliciously and said "yes, but only L and I are going lotbodlo with Marta." That's about it. I was deeply touched by this child. You are very lucky. "

Isn't that just the sweetest thing? I hope she won't mind I posted that, I just had to!

6 comments:

Glady said...

I can not believe you making me cry at 5 in the afternoon :) this is just so touching.

I cant wait to see pictures of them with you.

A Blessed Life said...

What a precious gift! I bet you are almost out of your skin with excitement thinking about seeing them soon!

veggiemom said...

What a wonderful gift to receive this account.

This Mama said...

Marta that is a treasure!! I think I love hearing stories about my little guys more than photos. W sounds so smitten with her new Mom ~ very sweet!!

Jennifer said...

"Awwww..." is right! What a sweet girl, and smart too!! She sounds like she's ready for her mama to come and get her!

Sarah said...

What a wonderfully amazing, precious gift! I am in tears at my keyboard! I cannot wait to see your homecoming photos :)

daily scripture