Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Brave

I'm blogging on the run! But here are just a few quickies. Yesterday I took the girls to the main HR office to get them on my insurance. This office takes care of 10,000 full time employees, so they did not know me personally. The girls LOVE to ride in the 'machine'...and feel the need to take everything that they can with them, whenever we do!

We are loaded down with clothes, stuff, food, toys. Little Miss Pistol did not want her picture taken. She did put her braids in ponys for the excursion though. At the HR office, the woman was making a big fuss. She is clearly a woman that means well, but she is the type that often says the wrong thing. She was trying to talk to the girls and looked shocked when I said they don't speak English...much. This was just after she made a copy of their residence stamp on their passport. Which she did not believe was sufficient for documents. She wanted court papers. I told her she did not want my Haitian court papers, and that was all I had. LOL. She kept telling everyone that walked in that "these girls just got to America!". Finally, I was bent over a form, and we were almost done and she said "you are so brave for doing this". I kept my head bent over and did not say anything, but face face was so flushed in anger. But I knew she did not know any better. She may have gotten my vibe because then she said "And you are so blessed". To which I said, 'thank you, I agree'.




Then we went to the park. All the stuff had to go with us. I figure they will eventually outgrow this when they realize their stuff is not going away, they are not going away, more stuff will be coming, etc. Life in an orphanage must be tough. They are the brave ones, not me.


They met a sister and brother the same age and size as them at the park, and really hit it off. It was really cute. The little boy was crestfallen when we had to leave. "Am I going to see you again?" he wanted to know. "Because I really want to see you again!" Their nanny goes to UGA and she got my email, so we may be able to hook them up in the future.


2 comments:

Janet said...

That is so cute how they pack everything to go with them, TnT did the same thing for a long time.
Little T still likes to.

Jennifer said...

It's a good thing you bought huge backpacks, isn't it? I'd love to see what they all have in there. You are enjoying "Little Miss Pistol" aren't you? I think I have a pistol coming to me too! I love hearing every little thing! I bet the first week or so is just crazy; hope you're hanging in there!

daily scripture